Monday, July 26, 2010

Thought 6 on what Jesus would Blog or Twitter about: The disenfranchised.

You can catch most of this in the oft misquoted Sermon on the Mount in Matthew's Gospel: "Blessed are the etceteras..."
I know...
In his famous Sermon on the Mount Jesus had a fair bit to say about how he understood the human condition. My guess is he'd be saying the same things today:
To more or less paraphrase, he said - 
I know you are hard done by, depressed, feel ordinary, live in a spiritual vacuum.
I know you are bullied and I know you are full of self doubts.
I know the world gives you a raw deal at times - maybe all the time.
I know people in authority can act like pompous self-interested despots and some of them seen hell-bent on making you miserable.
I know you get insulted, rubbished and criticised over nothing.
I know that just as the hurrier you go the behinder you get; sometimes the nicer you are the nastier the response.
I know in spite of everything, you love to show mercy and live in peace.
In fact I am here now looking for peacemakers. If you're one, good on you. Don't give up on being the best you that you can be. It will work out in the end.
To infinity and beyond, then.
Cheers

Colin Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment